Monday, June 7, 2010

Teamwork

There are this father and son I've seen at Best Buy a couple of times who I swear communicate telepathically.

I got to actually talk to them for the first time after seeing them so often because they needed a tv. The father just had this really weird smile on all the time, even when it wasn't approriate to smile. His son did too, but his was more of a toothy grin. It is also worth noting that they looked nothing alike.

I just recall several times during my time with them that the son seemed to pre-emptively do things that his father wanted to be done. While I was loading out their TV, I told the father to bring his car around and he told me he sent his son to do it.

When? I was standing with both of you the whole time.

I also saw both Victor and Tim again.

If you remember Victor, he was the one who had to research every little thing he would buy. Well it paid off for me because after doing some research, he decided to come back and get a blu-ray player. I thought it was cool that he was telling the truth about his weird research fetish and wasn't just a really cheap person.

Tim seemed worse this time around though. Things were still going pretty bad for him and he talked a lot about his health issues and his crushed dream of becoming a pro football player.

When I start writing a story I hope I can create characters like these people. It seems so easy and tempting to stick with archetypes and idealistic entities, but wacky too careful Victor and I feel my life was wasted Tim are two of the most fascinating dudes I have ever met.

If you haven't already, check out a website called textfiles.com. It sounds pretty nondescript, but it's full of rich history from the 89's BBS days. I am currently obsessed with it.

Can't get 500 words out this time. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment